Young People and Gambling 2022
- Executive summary
- Young people’s active involvement in gambling
- Experience of gambling
- The Impact of gambling on young people
- Online gambling
- National Lottery play
- Games and gaming machines
- The Context for gambling participation
- Attitudes towards and exposure to gambling
- List of gambling activities and definitions
Young people’s active involvement with lottery products
Overall, 2 percent of all young people spent their own money on a lottery product in the last 12 months. 1 percent had spent their own money on buying either a National Lottery scratchcard, a National Lottery draw based game or National Lottery online instant win games.
The proportion of young people who were actively involved and spent their own money on National Lottery games in the last 12 months is slightly higher among those who have seen family members gamble (3 percent compared with 1 percent of those who have not).
No other variations were observed.Previous section
Summary Next section
Wider experience of lottery games
Last updated: 9 November 2022
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.