Young People and Gambling 2022
- Executive summary
- Young people’s active involvement in gambling
- Experience of gambling
- The Impact of gambling on young people
- Online gambling
- National Lottery play
- Games and gaming machines
- The Context for gambling participation
- Attitudes towards and exposure to gambling
- List of gambling activities and definitions
Overall experience of games and gaming machines play
Just over a third (35 percent) of young people had experienced play on arcade gaming machines, in the last 12 months.
Girls were more likely than boys to have played on arcade gaming machines (37 percent compared to 32 percent). There were also differences by ethnicity with white young people more likely to have played arcade games in the last 12 months, than young people from ethnic minority backgrounds (38 percent compared to 26 percent).
Experience of playing on fruit or slot machines was lower. Just 6 percent of young people did so in the last 12 months.Previous section
Young people’s active involvement in games and gaming machines Next section
Who is with young people when they play gaming machines?
Last updated: 9 November 2022
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.