Guidance to licensing authorities
- Changes to the Guidance for Licensing Authorities
- Part 1: General guidance on the role and responsibilities of licensing authorities in gambling regulation
- Part 2: The licensing framework
- Part 3: The Gambling Commission
- Part 4: Licensing authorities
- Part 5: Principles to be applied by licensing authorities
- Part 6: Licensing authority policy statement
- Part 7: Premises licences
- Part 8: Responsible authorities and interested parties definitions
- Part 9: Premises licence conditions
- Part 10: Review of premises licence by licensing authority
- Part 11: Provisional statements
- Part 12: Rights of appeal and judicial review
- Part 13: Information exchange
- Part 14: Temporary use notices
- Part 15: Occasional use notices
- Part 16: Gaming machines
- Part 17: Casinos
- Part 18: Bingo
- Part 19: Betting premises
- Part 20: Tracks
- Part 21: Adult gaming centres
- Part 22: Licensed family entertainment centres
- Part 23: Introduction to permits
- Part 24: Unlicensed family entertainment centres
- Part 25: Clubs
- Part 26: Premises licensed to sell alcohol
- Part 27: Prize gaming and prize gaming permits
- Part 28: Non-commercial and private gaming, betting and lotteries
- Part 29: Poker
- Part 30: Travelling fairs
- Part 31: Crown immunity and excluded premises
- Part 32: Territorial application of the Gambling Act 2005
- Part 33: Door supervision
- Part 34: Small society lotteries
- Part 35: Chain gift schemes
- Part 36: Compliance and enforcement matters
- Appendix A: Summary of machine provisions by premises
- Appendix B: Summary of gaming machine categories and entitlements
- Appendix C: Summary of gaming entitlements for clubs and alcohol-licensed premises
- Appendix D: Summary of offences under the Gambling Act 2005
- Appendix E: Summary of statutory application forms and notices
- Appendix F: Inspection powers
- Appendix G: Licensing authority delegations
- Appendix H: Poker games and prizes
- Appendix I: Glossary of terms
4 - Licensed FEC premises licence conditions
22.8 Part 9 of this guidance discusses the mandatory and default conditions that attach to premises licences. Currently there are no default conditions specific to FECs.
22.9 The summary of the terms and conditions of the premises licence issued by the licensing authority under s.164(1)(c) of the Act must be displayed in a prominent place within the premises.
22.10 The layout of the premises must be maintained in accordance with the plan.
22.11 The premises must not be used for the sale of tickets in a private lottery or customer lottery, or the National Lottery.
22.12 No customer shall be able to enter the premises directly from a casino, an adult gaming centre or betting premises (other than a track). There is no definition of ‘direct access’ in the Act or regulations, but licensing authorities may consider that there should be an area separating the premises concerned, such as a street or cafe, which the public go to for purposes other than gambling, for there to be no direct access.
22.13 Any ATM made available for use on the premises must be located in a place that requires any customer who wishes to use it to cease gambling at any gaming machine in order to do so.
22.14 Over-18 areas within FECs that admit under-18s, must be separated by a barrier with prominently displayed notices at the entrance stating that under-18s are not allowed in that area and with adequate supervision in place to ensure that children and young persons are not able to access these areas or the category C machines. Supervision may be done either by placing the terminals within the line of sight of an official of the operator or via monitored CCTV.
22.15 The consumption of alcohol in licensed FECs is prohibited at any time during which facilities for gambling are being provided. Additionally in Scotland the sale of alcohol on the premises is specifically prohibited. A notice stating this should be displayed in a prominent position on the premises.Previous section
Meaning of premises
Last updated: 28 January 2021
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.