Cookies on the Gambling Commission website

The Gambling Commission website uses cookies to make the site work better for you. Some of these cookies are essential to how the site functions and others are optional. Optional cookies help us remember your settings, measure your use of the site and personalise how we communicate with you. Any data collected is anonymised and we do not set optional cookies unless you consent.

Set cookie preferences

You've accepted all cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.

Skip to main content


Guidance to licensing authorities

The Gambling Commission's guidance for licensing authorities.


6 - Maintenance

24.21. The permit must be kept on the premises, and it is an offence not to produce it when requested to do so by a constable, an enforcement officer, or an authorised local authority officer.

24.22. If a permit is lost, stolen or damaged, the holder may apply for a replacement, subject to paying a fee that has been set by the Secretary of State or Scottish Ministers in regulations. The licensing authority must grant the application if it is satisfied that the permit has been lost, stolen or damaged and a report has been made to the police. The licensing authority should issue a copy and certify it as a true copy of the original permit.

Previous section
Is this page useful?
Back to top