Cookies on the Gambling Commission website

The Gambling Commission website uses cookies to make the site work better for you. Some of these cookies are essential to how the site functions and others are optional. Optional cookies help us remember your settings, measure your use of the site and personalise how we communicate with you. Any data collected is anonymised and we do not set optional cookies unless you consent.

Set cookie preferences

You've accepted all cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.

Skip to main content


Guidance to licensing authorities

The Gambling Commission's guidance for licensing authorities.


1 - Introduction

22.1. The Act creates two classes of family entertainment centre (FEC). This part of the guidance concerns licensed FECs. Unlicensed FECs are dealt with in Part 24 of this guidance. Persons operating a licensed FEC must hold a gaming machine general operating licence(Family Entertainment Centre) from the Commission and a premises licence from the relevant licensing authority. They will be able to make category C and D gaming machines available.

Next section
Protection of children and young persons
Is this page useful?
Back to top