Guidance to licensing authorities
- Changes to the Guidance for Licensing Authorities
- Part 1: General guidance on the role and responsibilities of licensing authorities in gambling regulation
- Part 2: The licensing framework
- Part 3: The Gambling Commission
- Part 4: Licensing authorities
- Part 5: Principles to be applied by licensing authorities
- Part 6: Licensing authority policy statement
- Part 7: Premises licences
- Part 8: Responsible authorities and interested parties definitions
- Part 9: Premises licence conditions
- Part 10: Review of premises licence by licensing authority
- Part 11: Provisional statements
- Part 12: Rights of appeal and judicial review
- Part 13: Information exchange
- Part 14: Temporary use notices
- Part 15: Occasional use notices
- Part 16: Gaming machines
- Part 17: Casinos
- Part 18: Bingo
- Part 19: Betting premises
- Part 20: Tracks
- Part 21: Adult gaming centres
- Part 22: Licensed family entertainment centres
- Part 23: Introduction to permits
- Part 24: Unlicensed family entertainment centres
- Part 25: Clubs
- Part 26: Premises licensed to sell alcohol
- Part 27: Prize gaming and prize gaming permits
- Part 28: Non-commercial and private gaming, betting and lotteries
- Part 29: Poker
- Part 30: Travelling fairs
- Part 31: Crown immunity and excluded premises
- Part 32: Territorial application of the Gambling Act 2005
- Part 33: Door supervision
- Part 34: Small society lotteries
- Part 35: Chain gift schemes
- Part 36: Compliance and enforcement matters
- Appendix A: Summary of machine provisions by premises
- Appendix B: Summary of gaming machine categories and entitlements
- Appendix C: Summary of gaming entitlements for clubs and alcohol-licensed premises
- Appendix D: Summary of offences under the Gambling Act 2005
- Appendix E: Summary of statutory application forms and notices
- Appendix F: Inspection powers
- Appendix G: Licensing authority delegations
- Appendix H: Poker games and prizes
- Appendix I: Glossary of terms
Part 6: Licensing authority policy statement
- 1 - Introduction The Gambling Commission's guidance to the licensing authority policy statement.
- 2 - Fundamental principles The Gambling Commission's guidance on the fundamental principles The Gambling Act 2005 for licensing authorities.
- 3 - Form and content The Gambling Commission's guidance on the form and content for the licensing authority policy.
- 4 - Other matters to be considered The Gambling Commission's guidance on matters to be considered by licensing authorities when considering applications and reviews.
- 5 - Local risk assessments The Gambling Commission's guidance on local risk assessments regarding gambling and licensing decisions.
- 6 - Local area profile The Gambling Commission's guidance on local area profiles for licensing authorities.
- 7 - Declaration by licensing authority The Gambling Commission's guidance on policy declaration for licensing authorities.
- 8 - Consultation The Gambling Commission's guidance on how licensing authorities should consult on policy.
- 9 - Reviewing and updating the policy statement The Gambling Commission's guidance on how licensing authorities can review and update their policy statements.
- 10 - Advertisement and publication The Gambling Commission's guidance on advertising and publishing policy statements for licensing authorities
- 11 - Additional information to be made available The Gambling Commission's guidance on additional information for licensing authorities, such as fees, registration and applications.
Part 5: Principles to be applied by licensing authorities Next section
Part 7: Premises licences
Last updated: 14 September 2023
Show updates to this content