Young People and Gambling 2023
- Executive summary
- Young people’s active involvement in gambling
- Experience of gambling
- The Impact of gambling on young people
- Online gambling
- National Lottery play
- Games and gaming machines
- The Context for gambling participation
- Attitudes towards and exposure to gambling
- List of gambling activities and definitions
Being stopped from gambling
All young people, regardless of gambling experience, were asked whether they had ever been stopped from gambling because they were too young.
If we exclude those who have never tried to gamble, overall 12 percent of young people reported being stopped from gambling because of their age, both from gambling in a premises and online. This result is consistent from findings from 2022.
Boys were more likely to have been stopped than girls (16 percent, compared with 8 percent) as were young people with experience of gambling in the last seven days (19 percent).Previous section
Feeling informed about gambling Next section
Young people's exposure to gambling adverts and promotions and frequency of exposure
Last updated: 16 November 2023
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.