Regulatory returns guidance
Guidance for information collected in the Regulatory Returns service by licensing sector.
- Overview and feedback
- Common terms and definitions
- General guidance on submitting regulatory returns
- Reporting gross gambling yield (GGY) on regulatory returns
- Certification statement
- Late or inaccurate regulatory returns
- How we handle your data
- Adult Gaming Centre
- Casino 1968
- Casino 2005
- External Lottery Manager
- Family Entertainment Centre
- Gaming machines and software
Remote Casino, Betting and Bingo (RCBB)
- - Betting host (real and virtual) and general betting (limited) - remote
- - Betting intermediary - remote
- - Betting intermediary (trading rooms only) - remote
- - Bingo (operating) - remote
- - Bingo (game host) - remote
- - Casino (operating) - remote
- - Casino (game host) - remote
- - General betting standard (real and virtual events) - remote
- - Pool betting - remote
- Society Lottery
Late or inaccurate regulatory returns
Correct and full submission of regulatory returns is a condition of holding a gambling licence.
Most gambling operators submit their returns on time and accurately. Chasing returns which are late or have errors, costs time and money and makes us less efficient.
Where returns are submitted late, incomplete, or are inaccurate, we will contact the gambling operator. If we do not receive an up-to-date, accurate regulatory return after we have contacted operators, we refer the matter to our Enforcement team.
We may also contact the operator after receiving a completed return, should we require any further information or clarification of the information submitted to us.
If a gambling operator misrepresents or fails to reveal information that it is asked to provide, unless it has a reasonable excuse, it will have committed an offence under section 342 of the Gambling Act 2005 (opens in new tab). We may prosecute gambling operators which provide us with information which is false or deliberately misleading.Previous section
RR Guidance - Certification statement Next section
RR Guidance - How we handle your data
Last updated: 13 May 2021
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.