Remote gambling and software technical standards (RTS)
RTS 17 – Live dealer studios
Gaming (including bingo)
RTS aim 17
To ensure that live dealer operations are fair.
RTS requirement 17A
Live dealer operations must be fair and independently auditable.
RTS implementation guidance 17A
- Equipment and consumables should be of commercial casino quality. Designated staff should be responsible for monitoring the integrity of all operational equipment.
- Croupiers need to undergo adequate training to provide the gambling in a fair way according to documented procedures and game rules. Evidence of training and refresher training should be maintained.
- Gambling provision should be supervised by staff responsible to oversee dealer activities and integrity. Video surveillance to record all dealer activity should be in place, enough to cover the predefined gaming areas with sufficient detail to confirm whether dealing procedures and game rules were followed.
- Secure areas, gambling equipment and consumables shall be protected by appropriate access controls to ensure that only authorised personnel are allowed access.
- Game logs should be maintained and game events collated into statistics which can be analysed for trends relating to game performance, staff and/or locations in the gaming area.
RTS 16 – Use of third party software
Last updated: 27 January 2021
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.