Remote gambling and software technical standards (RTS)
Remote gambling and software technical standards under section 89 and section 97 of the Gambling Act 2005.
- 1 - Introduction
- 2 - Definition of terms
3 - Remote gambling and software technical standards
- - RTS 1 – Customer account information
- - RTS 2 – Displaying transactions
- - RTS 3 – Rules, game descriptions and the likelihood of winning
- - RTS 4 – Time-critical events
- - RTS 5 – Result determination
- - RTS 6 – Result determination for play-for-free games
- - RTS 7 – Generation of random outcomes
- - RTS 8 – Auto-play functionality
- - RTS 9 – Progressive jackpot systems
- - RTS 10 – Interrupted gambling
- - RTS 11 – Limiting collusion and cheating
- - RTS 12 – Financial limits
- - RTS 13 – Time requirements and reality checks
- - RTS 14 – Responsible product design
- - RTS 15 – In-play betting
- - RTS 16 – Use of third party software
- - RTS 17 – Live dealer studios
- 4 - Remote gambling and software technical standards (RTS) security requirements
- 5 - Annex
RTS 15 – In-play betting
Betting and peer-to-peer betting
RTS aim 15
To make the customer aware that they may not have the latest information available when betting on live events, and that they may be at a disadvantage to operators or other customers who have more up-to-date information.
RTS requirement 15A
Information must be made available that explains that ‘live’ TV or other broadcasts are delayed and that others may have more up-to-date information. Main in-play betting pages must include this information where practicable.
RTS implementation guidance 15A
- Brief information should be included on main in-play pages or screens, such as the in-play home page or screen. More detail should be provided in ‘help’ or ‘how to’ or other product pages or screens.
- For telephone betting the information should be included in the general betting or product information that is made available to and/or sent out to customers.
- Where a brief notice cannot be practicably included on the main pages or screens, the information should be provided on easily accessible ‘help’, ‘how to’ or other product pages or screens.
RTS 14 – Responsible product design Next section
RTS 16 – Use of third party software
Last updated: 27 January 2021
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.