Assessment of online games design changes
Appendix 1: Online Tracker Survey Questions (September 2021 to March 2022)
The following questions were asked to all who have played online slots in the past 12 months.
Thinking about online slots games, to what extent do you agree or disagree with the following statements?
- I am aware of the length of time I spend playing per game.
- I am aware of the amount of money I spend playing per game.
- I spend more time than I intend to when playing online slots games.
- I spend more money playing online slots games than I can afford to lose.
- I have recently experienced a ‘binge’ whilst playing online slots games.
Respondents were given the definition of binge when they hovered over the word.
A gambling binge can be described as a moment when you spent more than you’d intended while gambling, or you ignored any spending limits you usually give yourself.
Respondents were also asked to respond to the following questions
- I play online slots games on multiple tabs, browsers or accounts simultaneously.
- I enjoy playing online slots games.
- I find it easy to stop playing online slots games when I want to.
- I think it is easy for people to become engrossed whilst playing online slots products.
Respondents could select from the following responses:
- strongly agree
- neither agree or disagree
- strongly disagree
- don't know.
Assessment of online games design changes - Conclusions and next steps
Last updated: 8 June 2023
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.