Cookies on the Gambling Commission website

The Gambling Commission website uses cookies to make the site work better for you. Some of these cookies are essential to how the site functions and others are optional. Optional cookies help us remember your settings, measure your use of the site and personalise how we communicate with you. Any data collected is anonymised and we do not set optional cookies unless you consent.

Set cookie preferences

You've accepted all cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.

Skip to main content


Information requirements from licensing authorities

Details on the information that we require from licensing authorities.

Local authority lotteries

A local authority lottery is a lottery run by a local authority to raise funds to cover anything for which it has the power to incur expenditure. For example, local community projects, arts centres or parks and leisure facilities.

To run a lottery, a local authority must have an operating licence issued by us. Some individuals in the authority may also need to hold a Personal Management Licence or complete an Annex A.

There are information requirements for holders of operating licences and personal management licences. These can be found in the lotteries sector guidance and what you need to tell us when you hold a personal licence.

Previous section
Licensing authority compliance events
Next section
Other data and information
Is this page useful?
Back to top