Information requirements from licensing authorities
- Age verification test purchasing results
- Club gaming permits and club machine permits
- Information about gambling-related crime
- Licensing authority annual returns
- Licensing authority compliance events
- Local authority lotteries
- Other data and information
- Premises licences
- Small society lotteries
Small society lotteries
A small society lottery is a lottery which:
- does not have proceeds that exceed £20,000 for a single draw
- does not have aggregate proceeds from lotteries in excess of £250,000 in any one year
- does not require a Gambling Commission licence.
Small society lotteries are registered by the licensing authority in the area where the principal office of the society is located.
When a licensing authority registers a society lottery, they must tell us about the registration. They must also tell us if a registration is cancelled (either at the request of the registered society or due to non-payment of an annual fee).
If during the registration process or after the registration, the licensing authority thinks that the proposed lottery is a large lottery, they must refer the matter to us.
To help us maintain accurate records, we find it useful if licensing authorities also inform us if they revoke a registration.
Notifications of small society lottery registration, cancellations, referrals and revocations must be sent, by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notifications should be sent to us within a month of the decision date.
Email notifications must include the following information:
- a copy of the statement provided by the society promoter (as specified in the Gambling Act 2005, Schedule 11, Part 4 (opens in a new tab)
- type of notice (registration, cancellation, referral, revocation)
- date of the registration, cancellation, referral, revocation
- reason(s) for the cancellation/referral/revocation (if appropriate).
Premises licences - Information requirements from licensing authorities
Last updated: 19 October 2021
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.