Personal Management Licence (PML)
You must hold a PML if you are responsible for the following activities at licensed gambling operators:
- overall strategy and delivery of gambling operations
- financial planning, control and budgeting
- marketing and commercial development
- regulatory compliance
- gambling-related IT provision and security
- management of licensed activity for a particular area in Great Britain where you have five or more sets of premises for which you hold a premises licence
- management of a single set of bingo and/or casino licensed premises.
You will only ever need to hold one PML, regardless of however many management activities you carry out.
It costs £370 to apply for this licence, the fee must be paid by credit or debit card online. This fee is non-refundable.
You must be 18 or over to apply for a licence.
Nominated officers in casino businesses
An appointed nominated officer for anti-money laundering is not required to hold a PML, but we consider it good practice.
Apply for a management licence online.Start
When to apply