The Gambling Commission website uses cookies to make the site work better for you. Some of these cookies are essential to how the site functions and others are optional. Optional cookies help us remember your settings, measure your use of the site and personalise how we communicate with you. Any data collected is anonymised and we do not set optional cookies unless you consent.

Set cookie preferences

You've accepted all cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.

Skip to main content

Operating licences

If you provide facilities for remote gambling (online or through other means), and advertise to consumers in Great Britain, you will need a licence from the Gambling Commission.

Types of operating licence

There are 3 types of operating licence:

  • Non-remote
  • Remote
  • Ancillary.

You may need one or a combination of these licences to provide gambling facilities to consumers in Great Britain.

View the activities we licence and the fees you'll need to pay.

Next page
How to apply for an operating licence
Is this page useful?
Back to top