The Gambling Commission website uses cookies to make the site work better for you. Some of these cookies are essential to how the site functions and others are optional. Optional cookies help us remember your settings, measure your use of the site and personalise how we communicate with you. Any data collected is anonymised and we do not set optional cookies unless you consent.

Set cookie preferences

You've accepted all cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.

Skip to main content

Apply for a personal licence

Who is it for

This service is for anyone who needs to submit any of the following:

You must be 18 or over to apply for a licence or submit an Annex A declaration.

A fee may apply, you can find out what fees you need to pay on the relevant guide pages for the licence or declaration you are submitting.

Use this service


What you'll need

To apply for a licence or submit a declaration you'll need:

  • an email address to start or continue your application
  • all your addresses for the last 5 years and the dates you lived there
  • a credit or debit card to pay the application fee
  • proof of your identity
  • copies of your police report and credit report or letter of good standing from your bank if you have lived outside the UK in the last 5 years

Depending on your residency over the last 5 years we may also request one of the following checks:

  • Disclosure and Barring Service check
  • Disclosure Scotland check

We will determine the appropriate checks when you complete your application.

If you have a question about your application

We will keep you updated with the progress of your application using email and text message.

If you have a question, you can complete our online form to submit your question.

Is this page useful?
Back to top