Who this service is for
Use this service to:
- apply for a Personal Functional Licence
- apply for a Personal Management Licence
- apply for an Annex A
- provide information requested as part of your application or Annex A
- check the progress of your personal licence application or Annex A
- with draw your application.
To renew or manage a personal licence you already have, use the Manage and maintain and manage your personal licence service. If you need to change the type of personal licence you have, read our guidance on making changes to your personal licence.
You must be 18 or over to apply for a personal licence or Annex A.
A fee may apply. You can find out what fees you need to pay on the relevant guide pages for the licence or declaration you are submitting:
Apply for a personal licence or update your application
What you'll need
To apply for a personal licence or Annex A you'll need:
- an email address to start or continue your application
- all your addresses for the last 5 years and the dates you lived there
- a credit or debit card to pay the application fee
- proof of your identity
- certified copies of your overseas police report translated into English, if you were born abroad or have lived outside the UK in the last 5 years (not required if you left your country of birth as a child)
- certified overseas credit report or letter of good standing from your overseas bank translated into English, if you were born abroad or have lived outside the UK in the last 5 years (not required if you left your country of birth as a child).
If you have a question about your application progress
As soon as your application is assigned to a caseworker, we will keep you updated with the progress of your application using email and text message.
You can log in to the Apply for a personal licence service to provide information requested as part of your application and check on progress.
If you have a question, you can contact us about your application using our online form.