Changes you can make online
You can make most changes online in eServices and pay any fees using a credit or debit card (except American Express).
Head Office address changes
Changes to the Head Office and trading names will result in a new licence being issued.
You can use eServices to change your Head Office address. Changes to a Head Office address will result in a new licence being issued.
Cost: £40 per licence
Registered and correspondence address changes
You can use eServices to change your registered and correspondence addresses. Your correspondence address must be based in the United Kingdom. We will use this address to communicate with you. You should only make this change once you have moved address.
Add, change or remove trading names
You can use eServices to add, change or remove your trading name. Any change to a trading name will result in a new licence being issued.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any proposed domain or trading name is considered socially responsible and is compliant with legislative and regulatory requirements including:
- the Licence Conditions and Code of Practice and any applicable guidance
- the Committees of Advertising Practice (CAP)
- Broadcast of Committees of Advertising Practice (BCAP).
Trading names also need to be compliant with the Companies Act 2006 (opens in new tab).
Cost: £40 per licence
Adding a licensed activity
You can add new licence activities to your existing licence using eServices. However, if you want to add an additional licence, for example if you hold a non-remote operating licence only and are intending to add remote activities, you will need to apply for a new operating licence online.
To add new licence activities to your existing licence, you must provide the following information for both remote and non-remote activities:
- new business plan to explain how the activity will be made available and any staffing changes
- financial forecast for the activity for the first 12 months
- evidence of funding for the activity, for example copy of Loan agreement, evidence of source of funds for investments and bank statements
- amended policy statements that demonstrate how the activity to be added complies with Licensing Conditions and Codes of Practice
- customer terms and conditions, if applicable.
If you are adding a remote activity, you must also provide the following:
- remote technical standards and testing strategy policies
- operational model map
- system diagram for the end-to-end process.
If you are adding non-remote general betting limited activity, you must also provide the following:
- a contract of employment for all staff who will be taking bets
- an Annex A for all staff who will be taking bets.
Cost: 25 percent of standard licence application fee
Removing a licensed activity
You can remove a licence activity using eServices. You do not need to provide any supporting documentation.
Fee category changes
You can make fee category changes using eServices. For a fee category increase by 1 level only, you do not need to provide any supporting documentation.
If you need to increase your fee category by 2 or more categories, then you will need to provide the following documents:
- new or updated financial projections
- new or updated business plan
- evidence of how the expansion of the business is funded.
If you need to decrease your fee category you will need to provide a full explanation of why.
Some files may not be accessible for users of assistive technology. If you require a copy of the file in an accessible format contact us with details of what you require. It would help us to know what technology you use and the required format.
PDF Files Some PDF files cannot be displayed in a browser, you will see a message saying "Please wait...". If you see this message, you will need to download the file and open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader (opens in a new tab).Previous page
Make changes to your operating licence Next page
Changes that cannot be made online
Last updated: 13 January 2023
Show updates to this content
Additional information provided relating to the documentation required for:
- adding a licensed activity
- fee category changes
- operating name changes
- adding, changing or removing a licence condition
- Schedule X and Schedule Y changes.