Changes to LCCP on ADR, CI and RET contributions
A summary of the responses to our consultations on changes to LCCP requirements for customer interaction and alternative dispute resolution (ADR) providers.
- Executive Summary
- Alternative dispute resolution
- - Introduction
- - Consultation proposal
- - Proposed changes to Social responsibility code 3.4.1 (1a)
- - Proposed changes to Social responsibility code 3.4.1 (1c)
- - Proposed changes to Social responsibility code 3.4.1 (2)
- - Our proposal to remove ordinary code 3.4.2
- - Amended Social Responsibility Code 3.4.1 Customer Interaction
- Research, Prevention and Treatment contributions
- Appendix A: Amended social responsibility code of practice 6.1.1 – complaints and disputes
- Appendix B: Amended social responsibility code of practice 3.4.1 – customer interaction
- Appendix C: Amended social responsibility code of practice 3.1.1 – combatting problem gambling
Our proposal to remove ordinary code 3.4.2
Consultation question 17:
Do you agree with the proposal to remove ordinary code provision 3.4.2?
Consultation question 18:
Do you have any other comments?
The majority of respondents agreed with this proposal, mainly because these provisions would remain part of our requirements and referenced elsewhere, so were not subject to total removal from our regulatory requirements.
It was recognised that particular aspects of the code such as collaboration would be taken forward under the National Strategy to Reduce Gambling Harms.
Despite the level of agreement for removal, a small number of respondents raised concerns e.g. about the need for some smaller and independent licensees in particular to have these requirements highlighted, particularly for staff training.
Recently, there has been a significant increase in the sharing of good practice around customer interaction across the industry, both facilitated by and independently of the Commission. The importance of collaboration and sharing of good practice is a central theme of theNational Strategy to Reduce Gambling Harms (opens in new tab)and we no longer consider it appropriate to require this as an ordinary code provision.
Proposed changes to Social responsibility code 3.4.1 (2) Next section
Amended Social Responsibility Code 3.4.1 Customer Interaction
Last updated: 20 August 2021
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.