Changes to LCCP on ADR, CI and RET contributions
- Executive Summary
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Customer interaction
- Research, Prevention and Treatment contributions
- Appendix A: Amended social responsibility code of practice 6.1.1 – complaints and disputes
- Appendix B: Amended social responsibility code of practice 3.4.1 – customer interaction
- Appendix C: Amended social responsibility code of practice 3.1.1 – combatting problem gambling
In 2017 we undertook a review of how licensees identify and interact with customers at risk of experiencing harms associated with gambling. As a result, in February 2018 we published guidance on customer interaction for remote licensees. This guidance clarified our expectations around customer interaction, set out some of the issues around identifying potentially harmful behaviour in remote gambling, and included examples of current industry practice. We also signalled our expectation that changes to LCCP would be required in order to continue to raise standards in this area.
We therefore committed in our Business Plan 2018-19 to consult on amending the LCCP social responsibility code provision for customer interaction, aligned with a similar commitment made in our Review of Online Gambling.
In February 2019 we launched a 12-week consultation on proposed changes to social responsibility code provision 3.4.1 (Customer Interaction) and associated ordinary code provision 3.4.2. A separate code provision (3.4.3) which applies to all lotteries was out of scope of this consultation.Next section
Last updated: 27 July 2023
Show updates to this content
Formatting changes corrected only.