Changes to LCCP on ADR, CI and RET contributions
- Executive Summary
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Customer interaction
- Research, Prevention and Treatment contributions
- Appendix A: Amended social responsibility code of practice 6.1.1 – complaints and disputes
- Appendix B: Amended social responsibility code of practice 3.4.1 – customer interaction
- Appendix C: Amended social responsibility code of practice 3.1.1 – combatting problem gambling
Amended Social Responsibility Code 3.4.1 Customer Interaction
Following consideration of consultation responses, we have decided to proceed with our proposed rewording of social responsibility code 3.4.1, in order to raise standards and make gambling safer for consumers.
Since publishing the consultation, one further amendment has been made in order to provide clarity.
Social responsibility code provision 3.4.1
All licences, except non-remote lottery, gaming machine technical, gambling software and host licences
- Licensees must interact with customers in a way which minimises the risk of customers experiencing harms associated with gambling. This must include:
- identifying customers who may be at risk of or experiencing harms associated with gambling.
- interacting with customers who may be at risk of or experiencing harms associated with gambling.
- understanding the impact of the interaction on the customer, and the effectiveness of the Licensee’s actions and approach.
In rewriting the social responsibility code for customer interaction, we also set out to create a much more comprehensive guidance document which included appropriate requirements in the previous codes as well as more detail about research and to share common and good practice to help support operators in developing their own processes and procedures for customer interaction
We have decided therefore to proceed with the removal of ordinary code provision 3.4.2, and instead require those provisions to be met in different ways, through inclusion in our guidance and more appropriately facilitated through the National Strategy to Reduce Gambling Harms.Previous section
Our proposal to remove ordinary code 3.4.2
Last updated: 20 August 2021
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.