Professional and career development
At the Gambling Commission we know there is no ‘one size fits all’ when it comes to professional and career development, so we put you in control.
We recognise that we are at our most effective when we can collaborate, bringing our knowledge together internally and externally, to address challenges and exploit opportunities.
To enable us to achieve this, we have a wide learning offering which aims to provide colleagues with the right knowledge and skills for their roles. We use a combination of formal, social, and experiential learning methods.
Some of our current professional and career development opportunities include:
- coaching and mentoring: as proud members of the West Midland Employers
- Coaching and Mentoring Pool, we offer all our colleagues this invaluable development opportunity on demand
- apprenticeships from level 2 to 7 relevant to your role and specialist area, helping you develop further with on-the-job learning and a professional qualification
- digital learning: our easy to access digital learning tool has a wealth of resources whenever you need them. There is something for everyone, including e-learning courses, videos, articles, infographics and e-books on an ever-growing catalogue of topics
- leadership: whether you have many years under your belt or it’s your first role as a line manager, we have you covered with our in-house development programmes
- shadowing opportunities with colleagues in other teams to understand how we all work together towards our Business Plan
These and other initiatives are in place at the Gambling Commission and we are continuously looking at ways we can keep investing and building so that each colleague can be in control of their own learning journey.Previous page
Tax free childcare Next page
Last updated: 23 May 2023
Show updates to this content
Updated information on professional and career development opportunities.