ABSG Progress Report on the National Strategy to Reduce Gambling Harms – Year Two
5 - Prevention and education
- 1 - Prevention and education Information on prevention and education, including a summary of findings, and the strengths and weaknesses of these findings.
- 2 - Improved regulatory protections Information on the improved regulatory protections and how these changes may improve consumer protection.
- 3 - Suicide and gambling Details of the progress and evidence for the prevention of gambling-related suicide and training among coroners.
- 4 - Improved profile of gambling harms as a public health issue Information on the progress in improving the profile of gambling harms as a public health issue, and the specific milestones met this year.
- 5 - Increased engagement from the financial services sector There has been progress made in regards to increased engagement from the financial services sector which contributes to reducing gambling harms.
- 6 - Gambling is not yet fully integrated with local public health activity Information on the pilots used to demonstrate how harm prevention and support for at risk groups can be integrated with wider services and public health activities.
- 7 - Increased education and awareness raising activity Details on the increase in education and awareness raising activity which is vital to reducing gambling harms. Contains a case study on 'Don’t Bet Your Life on It'.
ABSG RGH year 2 progress report - Delivery and governance Next section
ABSG RGH year 2 progress report - Treatment and support
Last updated: 28 June 2021
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.