ABSG Progress Report on the National Strategy to Reduce Gambling Harms – Year Two
1 - Treatment and support
Summary of findings – Treatment and Support
- increased involvement of people with lived experience
- some limited expansion of treatment and support in new areas
- increased momentum in primary care involvement alongside whole systems approaches.
- the evidence base for treatment is developing but incomplete
- lack of agreed screening interventions to identify those at risk
- limited evidence of interventions to monitor and support ongoing recovery
- services are not well integrated
- clarification of referral pathways still required
- limited data on who needs treatment and support
- lack of progress on independent quality assurance
- evidence of poor follow up support emerging
- low take up of treatment and lack of awareness of support available.
Expansion of treatment and support services in new areas
Last updated: 28 June 2021
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.