Information requirements from licensing authorities
- Age verification test purchasing results
- Club gaming permits and club machine permits
- Information about gambling-related crime
- Licensing authority annual returns
- Licensing authority compliance events
- Local authority lotteries
- Other data and information
- Premises licences
- Small society lotteries
Licensing authority compliance events
If we receive information about non-compliance or illegal activity in a licensing authority’s geographical area, which is primarily a local matter, we will share this information with the relevant local licensing authority. These referrals are known as licensing authority compliance events (LACE).
On making the referral, the responsibility for responding to the event is discharged from the Gambling Commission to the licensing authority.
The referrals are made by a member of our Compliance team and are sent by email to the registered lead for gambling licensing in the relevant local authority area.
After reviewing the referral, licensing authorities should advise us of what, if any, action is taken so we can update our records.
This notification should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email notifications must include the following information:
- service request code (as included by us in the originating referral, for example 1-252223480)
- date the email containing the referral was sent to you
- details of what action was taken in response to the referral.
The total number of LACE referrals made by us is published in our annual Licensing Authority Statistics.Previous section
Licensing authority annual returns - Information requirements from licensing authorities Next section
Local authority lotteries - Information requirements from licensing authorities
Last updated: 19 October 2021
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.