Cookies on the Gambling Commission website

The Gambling Commission website uses cookies to make the site work better for you. Some of these cookies are essential to how the site functions and others are optional. Optional cookies help us remember your settings, measure your use of the site and personalise how we communicate with you. Any data collected is anonymised and we do not set optional cookies unless you consent.

Set cookie preferences

You've accepted all cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.

Skip to main content

Notify the Commission of a change of corporate control

Please make sure you read the guidance notes before you start to complete the application.

Changes of control must be reported as a key event as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event within 5 working days of the licensee becoming aware of the event’s occurrence.

Within 5 weeks of the change occurring, you must either surrender the licence or apply for the licence to continue to have effect or it may be revoked.

If you want to apply for the licence to continue to have effect, you must complete a Change of Corporate Control form, and pay the appropriate fee. You must email the completed form and supporting documents to Do not post them to us and do not email them to a Licensing team member email address.

Incoming individuals who have or are expected to become controller of the licensed operator, if not already approved by the Commission will be required to submit an Annex A or Personal Management Licence (PML) application.

Make sure you read the guidance notes on this page before you start to fill out the form.

Change of corporate control applications typically take around 12 weeks to process, providing full information is submitted.

Previous page
Change of corporate control
Next page
What you need to send us with your application
Is this page useful?
Back to top