Licence application processing times
|Licence type||Processing time|
|Operating licence application||16 weeks|
|Change of control application||12 weeks|
|Application to vary an operating licence||8 weeks|
|Personal licence application||8 weeks|
|Application to vary a personal licence||2-4 weeks|
These timescales are not guaranteed. They are based on the application being complete at the point it is submitted and on our average time to reach a decision.
Timescales may be affected by the following
- Quality of the application – you have not included all of the information needed
- Complexity of the application – for example your corporate ownership structure is complex or your funding arrangements are complex
- Suitability – concerns about the applicant or people relevant to the application
- Links to other applications – your application is linked to another application or to an existing licence holder
- Demand – application demand is high around the time you submit your application
- Licence reviews – applicant or company/person linked to the application whose existing licence is undergoing a review under section 116 of the Gambling Act 2005 (opens in a new tab). Licensing will not make a final decision on the application until the outcome of the licence review is known and may not be able to start looking at the application depending on the circumstances which led to the licence review
- COVID-19 situation – constraints due to the current situation.
Operating licence applications Next page
Sending information to us
Last updated: 15 June 2023
Show updates to this content
Formatting changes only.