This formal guidance for remote gambling operators is not current and from 12 September 2022 operators are no longer required to take it into account. It was published in July 2019 and remained in effect from 31 October 2019 to 11 September 2022.
Following our consultation on customer interaction, Social Responsibility Code Provision 3.4.3 for remote gambling operators has been introduced and the majority of requirements are in effect from 12 September 2022. We issued this update on the regulatory requirements and status of formal guidance regarding customer interaction for remote gambling operators. The guidance issued in June 2022 under Social Responsibility Code Provision 3.4.3 is not in effect and is subject to further consultation. Operators are not required to take it into account.
By evaluate, we mean to understand impact and effectiveness in two ways:
- did an individual customer interaction have a positive outcome for the customer, and
- does your overall approach to customer interaction work?
To help with the latter, the Advisory Board for Safer Gambling published an evaluation protocol in 2016 for the industry to use when designing evaluations.
Find out more about the National Strategy to Reduce Gambling Harms, including the evaluation protocol and further research on gambling-related harms.
We expect you to:
- Understand the impact of individual interactions on a consumer’s behaviour and whether, or what, further action is needed.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your approach by trialling and measuring impact.
- Embed lessons learned and best practice across the business and collaborate to share across the industry.
Keeping records Next page
Understanding the impact of individual interactions
Last updated: 15 September 2022
Show updates to this content
- Information in the callout at the beginning of the guidance page has been updated.