This formal guidance for remote gambling operators is not current and from 12 September 2022 operators are no longer required to take it into account. It was published in July 2019 and remained in effect from 31 October 2019 to 11 September 2022.
New guidance is available issued in August 2023 under Social Responsibility (SR) Code Provision 3.4.3. This Customer interaction guidance – for remote gambling licensees (Formal guidance under SR Code 3.4.3) is in effect from 31 October 2023, and remote gambling operators are required to take the guidance into account from this date.
By evaluate, we mean to understand impact and effectiveness in two ways:
- did an individual customer interaction have a positive outcome for the customer, and
- does your overall approach to customer interaction work?
To help with the latter, the Advisory Board for Safer Gambling published an evaluation protocol in 2016 for the industry to use when designing evaluations.
We expect you to:
- Understand the impact of individual interactions on a consumer’s behaviour and whether, or what, further action is needed.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your approach by trialling and measuring impact.
- Embed lessons learned and best practice across the business and collaborate to share across the industry.
Keeping records Next page
Understanding the impact of individual interactions
Last updated: 21 September 2023
Show updates to this content
Guidance callout updated following the 'Remote customer interaction - consultation on guidance'.