Licensing decisions: Procedures and guidance for licensing hearings
1 - Introduction
- The purpose of this guidance Purpose of the procedures and guidance for licensing hearings.
- Scheme of delegations Setting out who has delegated authority to make licensing decisions.
- Referral of case to a licensing hearing In the event that the applicant disagrees with this preliminary conclusion, the applicant will have the option to request a hearing.
- The legal framework for decision making Decisions must be taken in accordance with the framework set out in the Gambling Act 2005 and the principles of fairness and natural justice.
- Conflicts of interest Commissioners and senior employees must take care to ensure there is no conflict of interest or the risk that there may be a perception of a conflict of interest.
Contents page Next section
LD: Procedures and guidance for licensing hearings - 2 - Preparing for the hearing
Last updated: 16 May 2022
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.