Sharing personal information with third parties
You should not share your personal details with third parties for use in opening online gambling accounts.
Online gambling websites are required to confirm the identity of their customers to comply with regulatory and legal requirements.
If someone asks you for your personal details in order to open new online gambling accounts, they may be trying to:
- avoid restrictions placed on their own gambling activity
- circumvent consumer protection controls such as self-exclusion or age-verification
- secure additional bonus or promotional offers available to new accounts
- facilitate criminal activity such as money laundering, match-fixing or fraud.
You should be wary of any approach to use your personal details or bank accounts by a third party for use with gambling companies.
Whilst such offers can often include financial incentives you should consider the associated risks which may include:
- an negative impact on your ability to secure credit
- increased risk of identity theft
- risk of your involvement in criminal activity.
Make sure that the gambling business is licensed
Last updated: 2 August 2021
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.