Organisations that can help
- National Gambling Treatment Service (opens in new tab)
- The National Gambling Helpline which is operated by GamCare, offers confidential advice, support, and information on problem gambling. You can speak with an adviser for free 24 hours a day, 365 days a year over the phone or Live Chat.
- National Problem Gambling Clinic (opens in a new tab)
- The National Problem Gambling Clinic is part of the National Gambling Treatment Service and is jointly commissioned by GambleAware and NHS England.
- Northern Gambling Service (opens in a new tab)
- The NHS Northern Gambling Service (also known as the Northern Gambling Clinic) provides specialist addiction therapy and recovery to people affected by gambling addiction.
- NHS - Help for problem gambling (opens in a new tab)
- Information on the NHS Website about problem gambling.
- Money Advice Service (opens in a new tab)
- An independent service set up by government to help people manage their money.
- Debt Advice Foundation (opens in new tab)
- A UK debt advice charity offering free, confidential support and advice to anyone worried about debt.
- Debt Support Trust (opens in new tab)
Telephone: 0800 058 0226
A not for profit debt charity with trained, friendly debt advisors ready to advise you on available debt solutions.
- National Debt Line (opens in new tab)
National helpline number: 08088 084000
Provides free confidential and independent advice on how to deal with debt problems.
- StepChange Debt Charity (opens in new tab)
Telephone: 0800 138 1111
A debt advice organisation offering free, confidential and impartial debt help to anyone who needs it. Available online 24 hours a day.
- Counselling Directory (opens in new tab)
- Provides a counselling support network, enabling those in distress to find a counsellor close to them and appropriate for their needs.
- Samaritans (opens in new tab)
UK helpline number:
A 24 hours a day service providing confidential emotional support for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those which may lead to suicide.
Ways to stay safe when gambling Next page
Talk to someone if you're feeling overwhelmed
Last updated: 3 June 2021
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.