Corporate Governance Framework
Our corporate governance framework sets out the necessary responsibilities and procedures that guarantee we operate properly.
Appendix 7 – Financial regulations and delegations
- Introduction We must ensure compliant with government and treasury guidance on accounting and financial control procedures, through the use of strict financial policies.
- Financial planning How the Gambling Commission conducts its financial planning.
- Budgetary control How the Gambling Commission upholds it's budgetary control measures, and the instances in which exceptions can be made.
- Changes to the annual budget How and why the Gambling Commission makes changes to the annual budget.
- Financial reporting Who is responsible for the approval and regular reviewing of the Gambling Commission's financial reporting.
- External audit Who is responsible for conducting an external audit of the Gambling Commission's finances.
- Internal audit Who is responsible for conducting an internal audit of the Gambling Commission's finances.
- Accounting The standards we are held responsible to and who is responsible for ensuring our compliance.
- Risk management Risk management is vital to ensuring we are compliant with financial regulations and delegations.
- Preventing fraud and corruption How we prevent fraud and acts of corruption within the Gambling Commission.
- Treasury management and banking Who is responsible for our treasury management policy and their responsibilities.
- Banking and cash Regulations for banking arrangements, including the opening of new accounts.
- Procurement A summary of the process that surrounds the Gambling Commission's procurement policy.
- Authorisation levels A brief summary of the appropriate authorisation levels for spending.
- Signing of contracts The circumstances in which new contracts can be signed off.
- Procurement processes A brief summary of the procurement process and the circumstances in which the Gambling Commission must go to tender or public procurement.
- Externally funded activities The circumstances in which the Commission may receive external funding for specified activities.
- Insurance A brief summary of the procedure to be followed if the Gambling Commission choose to purchase commercial insurance.
- Indemnities and guarantees Our policy for giving indemnities or guarantees.
- Commissioners’ expenses scheme The establishment of an scheme for the payment of expenses to Commissioners.
- General business conduct How we expect those who work for us, or as a Commissioner, to conduct business.
Appendix 6 – Delegation of licensing and regulatory decisions in respect of gambling Next section
Appendix 8 – Code of conduct for Commissioners
Last updated: 27 February 2023
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.