Corporate Governance Framework
Our corporate governance framework sets out the necessary responsibilities and procedures that guarantee we operate properly.
Preventing fraud and corruption
25. The Commission has a policy in place for preventing fraud and corruption.
26. Commissioners and employees shall comply with this policy.
27. It is an offence under the Prevention of Corruption Acts 1889-1916, for Commissioners or employees to corruptly accept any gifts or consideration as an inducement or reward for doing, or refraining from doing, anything in his or her official capacity, or showing favour or disfavour to any person in his or her official capacity.
In addition, the Bribery Act 2010 (opens in new tab) creates four principal offences:
- paying bribes
- receiving bribes
- bribery of a foreign public official
- failure by a commercial organisation to prevent a bribe being paid to obtain or retain business or a business advantage.
Risk management Next section
Treasury management and banking
Last updated: 27 February 2023
Show updates to this content