Corporate Governance Framework
39.Commitment of expenditure of £500,000 and above must be approved by the Board, and all deeds must be approved by the Board before they are signed.
40. The responsibility of authorising purchases below £500,000 is delegated by the AO according to the delegated authority policy.
41. All purchases must have sufficient budget provision previously agreed.
42. Contracts or purchase orders should be in place before the supply of the goods or service takes place.
43. Contract value is defined as being over the whole life of the contract, which should not normally be more than five years.
44. Purchase orders are legal contracts and the same levels of approval apply.
45. Budget holders have agreed a list of designated posts for delegated approval. Changes to the listed posts require Chief Executive Officer (CEO) approval.Previous section
Procurement Next section
Signing of contracts
Last updated: 27 February 2023
Show updates to this content