Regardless of where you are based in the world, you need a licence from us if:
- you are providing facilities for gambling to consumers in Great Britain online (or through any other means of remote communication)
- any part of your remote gambling equipment is based in Great Britain.
There is a remote operating licence for each type of gambling activity you might want to provide.
You are responsible for making sure all your machines comply with the gaming machine technical standards.
The licence does not permit you to manufacture a gaming machine or gaming machine software. You will need a gaming machine technical (full) or gaming machine technical (software) operating licence to conduct manufacturing activities.
If your business supplies gaming machines or software using any form of non-remote communication (such as by uploading software to CD or memory stick), you should also apply for a non-remote gaming machine technical licence.
Current application fees
|Fee category||Annual gross value of sales||Application Fee|
|F1||Less than £550,000||£1,406|
|G1||£550,000 or greater, up to but excluding £6.6 million||£2,342|
|H1||£6.6 million or greater||£23,435|
Current annual fees
Your first annual fee is due 30 days after your licence is issued and is reduced by 25% (ancillary and linked licence annual fees are not subject to this reduction).
After this, fees are due every year before the anniversary of the day your licence was issued.
|Fee category||Annual gross value of sales||Annual Fee|
|F1||Less than £550,000||£6,164|
|G1||£550,000 or greater, up to but excluding £6.6 million||£19,321|
|H1||£6.6 million or greater||£32,716|
- Non-remote gaming machine technical - full licence
- Non-remote gaming machine technical – supplier operating licence
- Non-remote gaming machine technical – software operating licence
- Remote gaming machine technical - full licence
- Remote gaming machine technical – software operating licence
- Non-remote linked licences gaming machine technical
- Remote linked licences gaming machine technical
Last updated: 5 April 2022
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.