All the machines you supply to gambling businesses licensed in Great Britain must comply with the gaming machine technical standards.
The licence does not permit you to manufacture a gaming machine or gaming machine software. You will need a gaming machine technical (full) or gaming machine technical (software) operating licence to conduct manufacturing activities.
Current application fees
|Fee category||Annual gross value of sales||Application Fee|
|A1||Less than £550,000||£1,406|
|B1||£550,000 or greater, up to but excluding £6.6 million||£2,342|
|C1||£6.6 million or greater, up to but excluding £26.4 million||£7,894|
|D1||£26.4 million or greater, up to but excluding £50 million||£7,894|
|E1||£50 million or greater||£7,894|
Current annual fees
Your first annual fee is due 30 days after your licence is issued and is reduced by 25% (ancillary and linked licence annual fees are not subject to this reduction).
After this, fees are due every year before the anniversary of the day your licence was issued.
|Fee category||Annual gross value of sales||Annual Fee|
|A1||Less than £550,000||£1,364|
|B1||£550,000 or greater, up to but excluding £6.6 million||£3,489|
|C1||£6.6 million or greater, up to but excluding £26.4 million||£5,067|
|D1||£26.4 million or greater, up to but excluding £50 million||£10,933|
|E1||£50 million or greater||£17,887|
If you apply for a non-remote gaming machine technical (supplier) licence and also want to supply gaming machine software by file transfer protocol (FTP) or by email, you may need to apply for an ancillary remote licence in addition to your non-remote licence.
The gaming machine technical ancillary licence permits the supply of gaming machine software by FTP or email only, and is subject to the condition that you can only generate an annual value of gross sales which:
- is less than the total annual value of gross sales you generate through your non-remote operating licence and (if you hold it) the non-remote gambling software operating licence.
- does not, in any event, exceed £50,000.
Ancillary remote application fee: £100
There is no annual fee for this ancillary remote operating licence.
If your business uses any other form of remote communication, or if it does not meet the conditions of the ancillary licence outlined above, you should apply for a remote gaming machine technical licence.
- Non-remote gaming machine technical - full licence
- Non-remote gaming machine technical – software operating licence
- Remote gaming machine technical – supplier operating licence
- Remote gaming machine technical - full licence
- Remote gaming machine technical – software operating licence
- Non-remote linked licences gaming machine technical
- Remote linked licences gaming machine technical
Last updated: 5 April 2022
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.