Regulatory decisions: Procedures and guidance for regulatory hearings
Guidance to assist Directors or the Regulatory Panel to carry out their regulatory functions in accordance with our policies and procedures and to comply with the law.
- 1 - Introduction
- 2 - Preparing for the hearing
- 3 - The hearing
- 4 - The decision making process for regulatory decisions
1 - Introduction
- The purpose of this guidance Purpose of the procedures and guidance for regulatory hearings.
- Scheme of delegations Setting out who has delegated authority to make licensing decisions.
- Referral of case to a regulatory hearing Following the 'minded to' letter licensees have the option to request a hearing before a final decision is made.
- The legal framework for decision making Decisions must be taken in accordance with the framework set out in the Gambling Act 2005 and the principles of fairness and natural justice.
- Conflicts of interest Commissioners and senior employees must take care to ensure there is no conflict of interest or the risk that there may be a perception of a conflict of interest.
Contents page Next section
RD: Procedures and guidance for regulatory hearings - 2 - Preparing for the hearing
Last updated: 16 May 2022
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.