To increase the tools available to us and to ensure swift interventions with failing licensees we have been piloting a ‘special measures’ scheme. The aim of this process is to raise standards immediately under strict supervision. Where licensees are being considered for regulatory action, we may consider special measures and notify you that it is an option. Special measures is an opportunity to achieve compliance before formal action. Failure to achieve compliance during the special measures process would lead to a regulatory investigation.
Special measures is only appropriate if:
- there is an acceptance of failings
- we have a high level of confidence that a licensee can become compliant quickly, and they have demonstrated this during the assessment
- actions which mitigate the risks to the licensing objectives and consumer harm are put in place immediately
- there isn’t a history of protracted non-compliance
- there isn’t evidence of significant consumer harm
- there is an offer to divest any profit made from non-compliance.
Assessment findings Next page
Reactive compliance enquiries
Last updated: 3 September 2021
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.