There was widespread agreement amongst survey respondents and Engagement Panel members that they would like the future survey to:
- enable more granular level of analysis i.e. by region or by product which would require a larger sample size
- enable further measurement of gambling behaviours i.e. time, money spent, frequency by gambling product
- include a measure of harms, both to self and to others, albeit with some disagreement on how this should be done
- provide a better understanding of mode of gambling
- provide improved access to the data and better reporting.
There were more diverse opinions on:
- specific gambling activity descriptions
- which problem gambling screen(s) to use to measure problem gambling
- the time frame the survey should use to ask about people’s participation in gambling e.g. past 4 weeks and / or the past 12 months.
Introduction Next page
Last updated: 8 February 2022
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.