Free offers and bonuses
Many betting sites and apps offer free incentives. These can include things like free spins or bonus money when you open a new account.
For more information around offers and bonuses, you can read the the Competition and Markets Authority's (CMA) guidance for online gambling promotions (opens in a new tab).
Before accepting any offers, there are some things you should check. This video will show you what to look out for.
What to look out for in online betting offers
- let you walk away from play at any time
- let you keep what is left of your deposit and any winnings you’ve earned from play with your deposit
- make it clear if you’re playing with your own money or bonus funds which are subject to more restrictions, for example a bonus amount added to your account when you sign up
- be clear about any restrictions on how you can play with bonus funds, such as restrictions on the size of bets.
Companies should not:
- use your name, photo or other personal data for publicity without getting your specific consent to do so
- change the details of a free bet once you’ve accepted the deal and started playing.
If you think you’ve been unfairly treated
If you think that you have been unfairly treated you should follow the complaints process and complain directly the gambling business.Previous page
Information companies must give you about your account Next page
Using e-wallets to bet online