Easter reminder for fairground operators
28 March 2018
With Easter and the traditional start of the fairground season approaching we are reminding fairground operators that they must follow the rules.
Operators need to remember to follow the rules for buying, maintaining and operating gaming machines.
Key points to remember are:
- low-stake (category D) fruit machines can be made available at fairgrounds along with coin pushers and crane grab machines
- higher stake gaming machines (category B and C), like those typically played in arcades and pubs, are not permitted
- fairground operators must source all their machines from Gambling Commission licensed suppliers
- all employees working with gaming machines must be at least 18 years old.
A quick guide to the rules for fairgrounds is available, as well as details of the stakes and prizes for category D machines.
Note to editors
- More information about how we regulate the gambling industry.
- Useful statistics on the gambling industry.
Journalists can contact our press office on 0121 230 6700 or email: email@example.com
For all media enquiries, please contact the Gambling Commission press office.
Last updated: 20 August 2021
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.