If you have a question about your gambling, or the gambling of someone close to you, our FAQs from gambling consumers during lockdown may provide valuable information.
Try the new Gambling Commission website we're working on, and give us feedback.
Skip to main content

The Gambling Commission has launched the latest addition to e-services which allows individuals applying for personal licences or making Annex A personal declarations to apply online.

Applicants can navigate in a way that reflects their individual role and responsibilities by giving them the option to skip questions that are not relevant for them.

Applicants can also upload information and supporting documentation, including certified copies of identity documents and bank statements, which reduces the risk of original documents being lost in the post and unnecessary delivery delays.

Dawn Best, Licensing Manager at the Gambling Commission said:

“This latest addition to our online services allows individuals to experience the convenience of an online application method similar to that which operators have enjoyed for some time. This is another step towards providing a full suite of online services for all applicants and licensees.”

The new system is available to those who are applying for a personal licence or making an Annex A personal declaration, and who are not already licensed or approved by the Commission. 

Notes to editors

1. The Gambling Commission (the Commission) regulates gambling in the public interest alongside its co-regulators local licensing authorities. It does so by keeping crime out of gambling, by ensuring that gambling is conducted fairly and openly, and by protecting children and vulnerable people from being harmed or exploited by gambling. Subject to these overriding public protection objectives, as regulator of the National Lottery the Commission monitors and challenges Camelot to raise the maximum amount for good causes. The Commission also provides independent advice to government on gambling in Britain. 

2. The Commission and local licensing authorities are responsible for licensing and regulating all gambling in Great Britain other than spread betting, which is the responsibility of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).

3. See the Terms & Conditions section of our website for information on legal advice.

Further information

For further information please contact our press office on 0121 230 6700 or email: communications@gamblingcommission.gov.uk

Posted on 23 March 2015