If you have a question about your gambling, or the gambling of someone close to you, our FAQs from gambling consumers during lockdown may provide valuable information.
Try the new Gambling Commission website we're working on, and give us feedback.
Skip to main content

The Gambling Commission has launched an addition to its online application service which allows operators to apply for a non-remote licence or make amendments to an existing non-remote licence via its website.

The move further improves the online services provided by the Commission. Applicants can navigate through the application in a way that reflects their business model and individual circumstances by providing the option to skip questions that are not applicable.

The Application online system also allows applicants to upload information and supporting documentation such as certified copies of identity documents and bank statements. This reduces the risk of original documents being lost in the post and delivery delays.

Dawn Best, Licensing Manager at the Gambling Commission, said: “This further development of online services for non-remote operators builds on the introduction of the online application service for remote operators in February. This is a further step along the way to providing a complete set of eServices for all applicants and licensees.”

The Commission has not withdrawn the facility for non-remote applicants to make their applications using the existing manual application forms but will do so in the near future.

Notes to editors

  1. The Gambling Commission (the Commission) regulates gambling in the public interest alongside its co-regulators local licensing authorities. It does so by keeping crime out of gambling, by ensuring that gambling is conducted fairly and openly, and by protecting children and vulnerable people from being harmed or exploited by gambling. Subject to these overriding public protection objectives, as regulator of the National Lottery the Commission monitors and challenges Camelot to raise the maximum amount for good causes. The Commission also provides independent advice to government on gambling in Britain. 
  2. The Commission and local licensing authorities are responsible for licensing and regulating all gambling in Great Britain other than spread betting, which is the responsibility of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
  3. See the Terms & Conditions section of our website for information on legal advice.

For further information please contact our press office on (0121) 230 6700 or email communications@gamblingcommission.gov.uk.

Posted on 18 July 2014