Cookies on the Gambling Commission website

The Gambling Commission website uses cookies to make the site work better for you. Some of these cookies are essential to how the site functions and others are optional. Optional cookies help us remember your settings, measure your use of the site and personalise how we communicate with you. Any data collected is anonymised and we do not set optional cookies unless you consent.

Set cookie preferences

You've accepted all cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.

Skip to main content


Lotteries and the Gambling Act 2005

Guidance on lotteries and the Gambling Act 2005 for local authorities


The society may request the registration is cancelled by putting their request to you in writing. You must, as soon as possible, confirm to the society that the registration is cancelled, and inform the Gambling Commission of the cancellation.

You may also cancel the small society registration if the society fails to pay the annual fee. You can do this by writing to the society to confirm the cancellation and notifying the Commission that you have cancelled the registration.

Previous section
Lotteries and the GA05: Appeals
Next section
Lotteries and the GA05: Lottery Tickets
Is this page useful?
Back to top