Licensing, Compliance and Enforcement Policy: Consultation Response
This response sets out our position in relation to the consultation around proposed changes to our Licensing, Compliance and Enforcement Policy.
- Executive summary
Summary of responses - Licensing changes
- - Proposal 1: Policy position in relation to dual regulation products
- - Proposal 2: Changes to complete applications
- - Proposal 3: Clarification of relevant persons
- - Proposal 4: Timescale for using licence
- - Proposal 5: Clarification of suitability criteria
- - Proposal 6: Clarification of financing arrangements
- - Proposal 7: Addition of new examples to update the Commission about
- - Proposal 8: Minor updates to reflect minor changes to processes in the policy
- Summary of responses - Compliance changes
- Summary of responses - Enforcement changes
The Gambling Commission
We licence and regulate commercial gambling within Great Britain, including the National Lottery.
Our functions under the Gambling Act 2005 include:
- licensing operators and individuals
- monitoring compliance with licence conditions and the law
- investigation and enforcement, both in relation to licensees and illegal (unlicensed) gambling
- providing advice to central and local government on the incidence, manner, effects and regulation of gambling.
We have a statutory duty to permit gambling provided that it is reasonably consistent with the licensing objectives.
Consultation proposals and background
We issued the consultation on 17 November 2021, and it ran for 12 weeks until 9 February 2022. In total we received 66 responses to the consultation from operators, trade associations, members of the public, the charity and not-for-profit sector and others.
The questions we asked in the consultation together with a summary of the feedback we received and the outcomes are set out within the following Summary of responses sections.Previous section
Executive summary - Licensing, Compliance and Enforcement Policy Next section
Summary of responses - Licensing, Compliance and Enforcement Policy (Licensing changes)
Last updated: 22 June 2022
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.