Values and standards
Members of the Advisory Board for Safer Gambling must at all times:
- adhere to the Seven Principles of Public Life;
- comply with this Code and ensure that they understand their duties, rights
- and responsibilities, and that they are familiar with the function and role of the Board and any relevant statements of Gambling Commission and Government policy;
- observe the highest standards of impartiality, integrity and objectivity in
- relation to the advice the Board provides;
- be accountable to the Gambling Commission, stakeholders and the public more generally for the Board’s activities and for the standard of advice it provides;
- not misuse information gained in the course of their service for personal gain or for political purpose, nor seek to use the opportunity of their position on the Board to promote their private interests or those of connected persons, firms, businesses or other organisations; and
- not hold any paid or high-profile unpaid posts in a political party, and not engage in specific political activities on matters directly affecting the work of this body. When engaging in other political activities, Board members should be conscious of their public role and exercise proper discretion.
Key principles of public life Next page
Role of Board members
Last updated: 21 April 2021
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.