Terms of reference for the ABSG
The Advisory Board for Safer Gambling (ABSG) provides independent advice to the Gambling Commission on issues related to safer gambling and prevention of harms to inform regulation. Its advice is based on expertise and insights from academia, research, and other relevant disciplines inside and outside of gambling.
The scope of the ABSG’s role includes:
- helping the Commission deliver an evidence-based approach to gambling policy and its regulatory approach
- helping the Commission access and translate insights from the wider academic research community to inform its regulatory role
- helping the Commission to build networks and contacts within academia and other areas of professional expertise which are relevant to harm prevention
- contributing to the Commission’s horizon scanning capability and recommending priorities for future research to inform regulation
- helping inform policy dilemmas where research evidence is lacking or ambiguous.
Last updated: 25 April 2023
Show updates to this content
Updated conflicts of interest policy added to related content.