Le Val, GY9 3UL, Alderney
What is a sanction?
When a licence holder has not followed rules and regulations aimed at ensuring gambling is fair, safe and crime-free, we can take action and impose the following sanctions:
- Give the licensee a warning
- Add, remove, or amend a condition to the licence
- Suspend a licence
- Revoke a licence
- Impose a financial penalty
Decision date: 17 February 2020
Outcomes: Conditions attached to the licence, Financial penalty and Suspension
Details of action
Following a review of the licence issued to Triplebet Limited t/a Matchbook (the Licensee), the Commission found that the Licensee:
- breached conditions of its licence relating to anti-money laundering measures
- failed to comply with social responsibility codes of practice
- failed to act in accordance with Ordinary Code provision 8.1.1.
In line with the Commission’s Licensing, compliance and enforcement policy statement, the Indicative sanctions guidance and the Statement of principles for determining financial penalties, the Commission has decided to:
- suspend the operating licence under section 118(2) of the Gambling Act 2005 (the Act).
- impose additional conditions to the Licensee’s licence under section 117(1)(b)
- impose a financial penalty under section 121 of the Act in the sum of £739,099.
More information can be found in the Commission’s decision notice, which can be found on the Gambling Commission's website