Gamesys Operations Limited
Gibraltar, GX11 1AA, Gibraltar
What is a settlement?
Following an investigation into a licence holder we may enter into a regulatory settlement. These take place, for example, where the licence holder has been open and transparent with us and has shown a willingness to suggest actions that prevent the need for a more formal sanction.
Decision date: 12 June 2019
Outcomes: Payment in lieu of financial penalty, Divestment, Commission costs and Public statement
Details of action
The Commission carried out an investigation into Gamesys (Gibraltar) Limited which identified weaknesses in its anti-money laundering and customer interaction controls.
The investigation found:
- Breaches of the Money Laundering Regulations 2007, and
- A failure to comply with Social Responsibility Code 3.4.1
In line with our Statement of principles for licensing and regulation, Gamesys has agreed to a regulatory settlement consisting of:
- A payment in lieu of a financial penalty of £690,000 which will go to the National Strategy to Reduce Gambling Harms
- A divestment to reimburse identified victims of crime of £460,472
- Payment towards our investigative costs
For more information, please see the Commission’s public statement which can be found on our website.