Cookies on the Gambling Commission website

The Gambling Commission website uses cookies to make the site work better for you. Some of these cookies are essential to how the site functions and others are optional. Optional cookies help us remember your settings, measure your use of the site and personalise how we communicate with you. Any data collected is anonymised and we do not set optional cookies unless you consent.

Set cookie preferences

You've accepted all cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.

Skip to main content

Victim of crime

If money has been stolen from you or your company and has then been spent on gambling, it is a criminal matter and you should contact the police.

When money is stolen and used for gambling

You can contact the police by calling 999 to report emergencies, or by calling 101 for non-emergencies. You can can find out more about contacting the police on GOV.UK (opens in new tab).

Calls to 999 and 101 numbers are free.

You may also wish to seek legal advice. You can find out more about finding free or affordable legal help on the Citizens Advice website (opens in new tab).

Next page
Scams and fraud
Is this page useful?
Back to top