Digital Advisory Panel: Managing conflicts of interest policy
The policy on managing conflicts of interest for the Gambling Commission's Digital Advisory Panel. The policy aims to maintain public trust and confidence.
Principles for managing conflicts of interest
20. The key principle for dealing with actual or potential conflicts of interest is integrity, as defined in the Seven Principles of Public Life5.
21. In general, everyone covered by this policy should:
- avoid acquiring interests which may lead to conflicts, where possible
- resolve conflicts that arise, if this can be done
- declare any interests that may lead to actual or perceived conflicts to ensure they can be properly managed.
Definition of integrity
'Holders of public office must avoid placing themselves under any obligation to people or organisations that might try inappropriately to influence them in their work. They should not act or take decisions in order to gain financial of other material benefits for themselves, their family, or their friends. They must declare and resolve any interests and relationships.'
DAP: Managing conflicts of interest policy - Gifts and hospitality Next section
DAP: Managing conflicts of interest policy - Managing conflicts of interest
Last updated: 14 February 2023
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.